1. Get more greens! Green vegetables are the powerhouses of the food world, packed with vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll (that’s the green bit), most of which are destroyed during cooking. The solution? Go raw. Better yet, juice or smoothie your greens to get the most into you and out of your veggies. Chlorophyll is amazing for your liver; it helps it work more efficiently. And that means you can process toxins better. A better functioning liver means less weight gain, less body odour and less nasty hangovers. Try my green smoothie recipe to help you get more greens in. If a smoothie is still too hard for you, you can take a tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll supplement each day instead.
2. Avoid wheat. Modern day wheat is not what our grandparents ate. The way we modify, farm and process it robs it of any nutrients. It’s just bum glue. And it will do you no good. Right now, go to your cupboard and throw out anything with wheat in it. Get rid of store bought cakes, breads, biscuits, pasta and flour. Replace it with buckwheat (related to rhubarb not wheat), brown rice, quinoa and spelt.
3. Drink Up! Water is the cheapest, best and most under-utilised anti-aging product ever. Seriously. Drinking more water will plump up your cells and literally push those wrinkles out. But how much is enough? Well you need 1 litre per 24kg of your body weight. For an average 70kg chick, you’re looking at 2.9 litres per day. I know it sounds like a lot, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep working at it and you’ll be surprised at how quickly you will adapt and a high water intake will become your norm.
4. Keep bloating at bay. No one wants a pot belly food baby! Try the following:
• eat light meals, avoiding heavy carbohydrates like rice, pasta and bread
• drink warm water with a little lemon or apple cider vinegar squeezed in it
• take a high quality probiotic tablet
• drink peppermint, chamomile and/or fennel tea